Monday, November 14, 2011

Justin Timberlake Attends Marine Corps Ball

Well, he didn't spill on whether or not he ever had that dance-off with his date, but in a lengthy post to his personal blog, Justin Timberlake writes movingly about how affected he was by his experience attending Saturday's (Nov. 12) Marine Corps Ball in Richmond, Va.

"I'm writing this out to all of you after attending an event that turned out to be one of the most moving evenings I've ever had," writes Timberlake.

He goes on to talk about how much he enjoyed meeting Cpl. Kelsey DeSantis, a woman not only brave enough to serve in the Marines but who also had the guts to ask Timberlake to accompany her to the ball in a YouTube video earlier this year.

"[Kelsey] talked about her training in mixed martial arts with a passion, a discipline, and a respect," writes Timberlake. "It reminded me of how I hear my favorite athletes talk about their sport or, how I hear my favorites among my peers in music and film talk about their craft."

Then J.T. describes how he -- and most of the Marines in attendance -- were almost brought to tears by a multimedia presentation about the history of Marines in armed conflict from Pearl Harbor to the present fronts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

justin-timberlake-mc-ball.jpg
"I felt so proud to be there," he writes. "I felt like I was getting a chance to be among my heroes."

He ends: "Thank you Corporal Kelsey DeSantis. Thank you for inviting me. And, thank you for being my hero."

Well, somebody just had her day made -- again!